June 12, 2016

Cute Father's Day Card with Happy Little Stampers!


Hello everyone! Welcome back to another video for Happy Little Stampers. In this video I'm going to show you how to create a 'Cute and Fun Father's Day Card'! Why always make some rustic and manly cards for Dad? Dads are cute, they need some sweet and pretty stuff too :p What do you say?


CARD DETAILS

Making this card was very simple! For the panel... I purposefully used the tag die from Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection instead of Rectangular die because I need that embossed part on all four sides. If I had used the rectangular die, it might not fit in the card and I wouldn't be able to achieve the look that I wanted! (You can see in the video what I'm blabbering about)


I love creating little scenes on my cards! The little scenes sure would bring a smile on someone's face! After masking and ink blending the scene with Peeled Paint and Broken China distress inks I added droplets of water. The distress inks does reacts with water and create a nice texture on your card and this would definitely add something to your card.


The elephant from Birthday Friends stamp set is really very cute! I colored the image with Black Soot and Spun Sugar Distress Inks. Water-coloring with distress ink is very easy but you need to practice a little before starting the actual project. I'm not very good with water-colours, I stand a mile away from this but I like try once in a while ;) I added some shimmer with Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. Can you see the shimmer? Love it!


Once everything was adhered I felt something was missing in the card so I added a few yellow sequins from Lawn Fawn. I think the yellow color matches perfectly with the blue and green colors! I stamped the sentiment from the same Birthday Friends Stamp Set. I just wanted to add a sentiment on the inside of the card too so I used 'happy' from Mix Mash and 'Father's day' from Everyday Sentiments.


I'm sharing a video on how I put this card together. You can watch it HERE or at my YouTube Channel. If you like the video please give it a thumbs up, share it with your friends and also don't forget to subscribe to my channel.

Entering this card for Simon Says: Father’s Day/For A Guy

Overall this is a very simple card. And I hope you would give this a try! Thank you so much for stopping by. Take care and I will see you soon! :)

4 comments: