April 3, 2017

Water-colored Die-cuts | Sizzix


Hello everyone! Happy Monday and how is it going? I know, you hate Mondays!! haha! :) Just to brighten up your day I am here with a card made with the brand new dies from Sizzix called Cityscape, Suburbia designed by Timholtz. This pack contains 23 dies! All are small in size. You can see the size of the dies HERE. You can absolutely create beautiful scenes with these dies!



CARD DETAILS

I started by die-cutting the thinlits from a white card stock by running it through Bigshot Express Machine. I water-colored the images with Koi water Colors. I want my images to be bright and at the same time I wanted the scene to be warmer.


So I took a white card base and ink blended the background first with Antique Linen Distress Ink followed by Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. To add some texture I sprinkled droplets of water and picked up the excess water with a cloth. 


I assembled and adhered all the die-cuts with Tombow glue and created the ground for my die-cuts by applying black water-color paint. I am not a water color artist or anything like that so it took me literally more than 20 mins to achieve that look. I am pretty happy with the result! :)


Finally stamped the sentiment from Mudra - Doodled Elements in Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink. I adhered the water colored panel ( I didn't use a water color paper instead I used a heavy white card stock) over the main card base. And that's it! :)


VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a video for you showing you the entire process on how I made this card. I hope you'll enjoy watching my video. Thank you :)

3 comments: