February 26, 2018

THROUGH CHRIST | MIXED MEDIA PAGE | SIZZIX LIFESTYLE


Hello everyone! I can say with a little pride that this is my first proper Mixed Media page because I used Gesso (my first ever) and Acrylic Paints for the first time. Do you like the Unicorn in the pic? It's so beautiful and colorful and yesterday it was lying all alone on my desk beautifully :) The acrylic paints from Hobby Ideas are so vibrant and so pretty. I am very much happy with the project I made, I will make a few more, once I'm confident enough I'll share the entire making process through videos. And this project is done for Sizzix Lifestyle.


Recently I launched a FB page called 'Apple and Cupcake' where I make and sell 100% handmade books. The profits earned through 'Apple and Cupcake' will go into service and developmental actions for the unprivileged. When I had a thought of starting this, I really had so many confusions and fears but the verse in the above pic spoke to me directly and repeatedly. Then I took courage and started putting my efforts in Apple and Cupcake. This art goes straight on my book binding table wall, so whenever I see this I get courage and I say to myself 'Yes! I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me'. :)


Products from Sizzix Lifestyle
MIXED MEDIA PROCESS


I applied a generous coat of Gesso from Papericious on a very thick/heavy weight paper. This Gesso dries very fast and helps the art making process easy. 


Then I die-cut the Unicorn out of white card stock a couple of times and applied acrylic paints to it. 


I added some details to the Unicorn's body with the same acrylic paints.


Also added eyes, mouth and hoofs with black permanent marker.


I applied Dark Blue and Purple and Gold acrylic paints to the background and once it's dry I added droplets of white and gold acrylic paint splatters. The background looks so gorgeous!


Here is another close up shot for you! 


Close up shot - details on Unicorn's body! :)


Finally I adhered the Unicorn and all the alphas with tacky glue. I hope you like it. Thank you so much for visiting. :)

NEW TO DIE-CUTTING

Are you new to die-cutting but you're not too sure what die-cutting then check this page

For Challenges

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and awesome, Deepti! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To accomplish this, the instructor ought to rather satisfy the job of Free Agent to adjust freedoms to the found requirements of the students. body shaper

    ReplyDelete